Mimir Emerging Artists
The Mimir Chamber Music Festival was founded in 1998 at the TCU School of Music. Its dual mission is to provide public performances for Fort Worth audiences of the highest artistic level and to offer an educational opportunity for young aspiring musicians of an equally high level.
Pre-formed string quartets and piano trios have the opportunity to work with leading chamber musicians from across North America. Mimir Artists typically include typically includes members of the Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, and Nashville Symphonies, faculty of the Cleveland Institute of Music, Rice University Shepherd School of Music, Blair School of Music, and Melbourne Conservatorium of Music.
Past Emerging Artist participants include prizewinners of the Fischoff International Chamber Music Competition and members of the Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Monaco Symphonies.
Highlights of the Festival include:
- Donor-underwritten tuition and dormitory housing on the beautiful grounds of Texas Christian University’s campus in Fort Worth, Texas.
- An intense daily rehearsal and coaching schedule to prepare groups for two ticketed performances with the possibility of critical reviews.
- Participation in a special musicians’ injuries prevention project directed by the UNT Center for Performing Arts Health.
- Opportunity for one Emerging Artist group to be selected for a performance as part of Mimir Melbourne.
- Donor-underwritten tuition and dormitory housing on the beautiful grounds of Texas Christian University’s campus in Fort Worth, Texas. (Emerging Artists are expected to contribute $250 toward the meal plan required by the university)
- High quality video audition of approximately 20 minutes or more in length. Specific repertoire is not required, although varied selections are desirable.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18 to be eligible.
- Application deadline is March 15, 2023. Confirmation of acceptance is expected no later than
April 1, 2023.
Applications for our 2023 season are now open. Click this link to begin the application process.
A Sample Mimir Emerging Artists Schedule
|Non-Concert Days||Concert Days|
|8:00 - 9:00 – Breakfast||8:00 - 9:00 – Breakfast|
|9 - 10:30 – Rehearsal||9 - 10:30 – Rehearsal|
|10:45 - 12:15 – Coaching/Master Class||10:45 - 12:15 – Coaching|
|12:15 - 1:15 – Lunch||12:15 - 1:15 – Lunch|
|1:15 - 2:45 – Rehearsal||1:15 - 2:45 – Rehearsal|
|3 - 4:30 – Coaching||3 - 4:30 – Coaching|
|4:45 - 5:30 – Rehearsal||4:45 - 5:45 – Dinner|
|5:45 - 7 – Dinner||6:30 - 7:30 – Pre-Concert Prep|
|7:00 - 10:00 – Rehearsal (as needed)||7:30 - 9:30 – Concert|
Additional master classes, performances and social activities, including a Texas-style 4th of July BBQ, are planned throughout the festival.